Pry House is situated just off the A684 one mile west of the market town of Hawes. We completed the conversion of the cottages from a barn during 2005. Our website contains descriptions of the interior and exterior of each cottage and you can also see a “virtual tour” which shows views from our stunning location and the interiors of the cottages. The market town of Hawes provides visitors with an excellent choice of places to eat, shops and visitor attractions. We take bookings by telephone, email or via our Letting Agents, Country Hideaways. Our website is www.pryhousefarm.co.uk, email email@example.com and telephone number +44 (0)1969 667241. We are Allan and Jennifer Fawcett.
Arrival and parking
Our drive is approximately 200 yards long. The cottage parking is a level gravelled area and is marked with a sign. There is a small slope leading from the parking area up to the front of the cottages. We have installed a wrought iron handrail to assist visitors up this incline. We like to personally welcome visitors and show them the cottages anytime between 3.30pm – 6pm on their arrival date. We are always happy to answer any queries or supply information on our area.
There is one step up onto the front paved patio. The walled patios have a table, chairs and parasol during the summer months. Both cottages have an exterior light over the front door. There is a small internal porch with coat hooks and the electricity meter.
- The living/dining room contains a sofa, easy chair, coffee table, dining table & chairs, TV with freeview channels & DVD. There is fully fitted kitchen area with integrated electric cooker, fridge and microwave. Books, games, DVDs and an Information Folder are provided for visitors.
- The utility room accommodates the central heating boiler, automatic washing machine, a toilet and wash hand basin.
- Access onto the flagged patio area at the back of the Stable is via patio doors. The rear patio is divided into two levels the upper level is accessed by two steps.
- The carpeted staircase has thirteen steps, a wooden handrail and banister on the landing.
- There is a single bedroom with a bedside table, lamp and wardrobe with drawers.
- The adjacent double bedroom also contains two bedside tables with lamps and a wardrobe with drawers.
- The bathroom contains a bath with grab handles, a heated towel rail, a washbasin, toilet and cubicle power shower which is accessed by one step up.
- There is a downstairs cloakroom with toilet and wash hand basin.
- The living room has an electric stove with coal effect flame in the original fireplace, a three piece suite with recliners, coffee table, TV & DVD.
- The staircase leads from this room and has twelve steps and a hand rail.
- The ground floor kitchen/diner has fully fitted integrated electric appliances, a cooker with extractor hood, washing machine, fridge, microwave and wall mounted central heating boiler.
- Access to the rear patio (which is divided into two levels) is via one step up through back door. There is another step to the upper level.
- The first floor landing leads into the double bedroom with bedside tables, lamps and a wardrobe. The en-suite shower room provides a cubicle power shower, wash hand basin heated towel rail and toilet.
- The single room has a bedside table, lamp and a wardrobe.
- The adjacent twin bedded room has a lamp on a set of drawers between the single beds and a set of drawers.
- The bathroom has a bath with a fitting for rinsing hair, a washbasin and toilet.
The cottages have oiled fired central heating throughout via thermostatically controlled radiators. The bathrooms also have heated towel rails. The ground floors of the properties have original flagged floors. The upstairs has an open airy structure featuring the original beams and the bedrooms & landing are carpeted. The bathrooms have non-slip tiled floors. No smoking is allowed. The properties have smoke alarms and heat sensors and in case of fire there are windows on the upper floor which allow an escape route. We provide the bed linen and towels and clean the cottages every Saturday ourselves. We welcome any suggestions regarding improvements.
This is a working farm so we respectfully ask visitors not to enter the farm buildings and be aware of the farm machinery and not approach the dogs. Working farms have risk factors. Therefore we cannot accommodate pets or children under 12 years old in our cottages because of safety concerns.